Macaron Magic

For as long as I can remember I have always loved macarons, I think they look so delicate and delicious.  But for anyone who has made them they will know that these little delights are a nightmare to get perfect.

Personally, I must have made macarons at least 20 times, I have supplied them for weddings too but out of every 30 I would make, at least 15 would be a disaster !!  My desire to get them as near perfect as possible is what lead me to Niki from Lemon Tree Bakery.

I have followed Niki on Instagram & facebook for sometime now, marvelling at her gorgeous macarons and other wonderful creations. When I found out she was teaching a class only an hour away from me at Iced Jems store in Dudley I couldn't wait to attend.



Niki was as just as lovely as I hoped she would be.  Her teaching manner was relaxed and helpful and she demonstrated her method for making the tasty treat.  Niki shared tips with us, and taught us her secrets showing us how precise everything must be and explaining how we can't deviate from her recipe, she has tried to change things herself but quickly realised that some things just can't be messed with.

I was so excited when my macarons emerged from the oven looking smooth, and even more excited when my whole batch of macarons were worthy of being filled.


What a wonderful way to spend a few hours today, increasing my skill set and coming home with boxes of delicious macarons

Macarons will now most definitely on the Cake Daydreams menu

Until next time... take care xx

Comments

Popular Posts