New Year Cake Daydreams

So 2015 is upon us already.. the  Christmas decorations are cleared away and I am now eating all the bad (but oh so good) things out of my cupboards in an attempt to yet again make this the year that I become a svelte goddess.

The only problem is that in this job you are constantly surrounded by cake ! .. spicy carrot cake or gooey chocolate fudge cake, and obviously I have to test them to ensure they taste as good as they look.

As most couples choose a wedding cake of multiple tiers it means you can enjoy a different flavour for each tier.  In 2014 my most requested cake flavour was Cherry Bakewell - a light maderia cake, soaked with natural almond oil and morello cherries dotted through each slice, rich morello cherry conserve and buttercream make the cake a firm favourite.  

2015 flavours will include the classics such as Madagascan Vanilla, Luscious Lemon and Classic Chocolate, but some new flavours such as Stawberries and Champagne and Baileys Chocolate will be introduced - obviously still offering the good old faithfuls such as Cherry Bakewell and Spicy Carrot cake.

If you are planning your wedding and would like to spend a lovely hour taste testing some of the flavours (and more) whilst we enjoy a cuppa and chat about all your wedding plans please get in touch to book into one of my wedding consultations.

Right I best go and finish those chocolate biscuits that have my name on them.. oh and that buttercream .... ! :)


Until next time... take care xx

Comments

Popular Posts