Cake Trends

Every year the trends for wedding cakes change, my job is to keep up with the changes and ensure I am fully up to date with any new skills I may need to learn to make sure I give all my couples the best designs possible.

This years trends look set to be quite varied, ranging from the naked cake which has been popular for a couple of years now to sequinned and gold or silver leaf wedding cakes.  Sugar flowers are always popular and they lend themselves to being created to mirror the real flowers which the couple are using to dress their venue, or in the  brides and attendants bouquets.

A trend which is set to stay are sharp edges.  This style originated in Australia and is now a sign of a well executed cake.  I am gradually phasing in the new sharp edge style to all my designs, it takes much more patience to master than the more traditional rounded edge, yet
I do feel it makes the cakes look much more professional.  To ensure I can offer this on all my future cakes I am investing in two days training to master the technique... watch this space !

My favourite cake of this year so far is the chalkboard cake, it features the bride and grooms names and their wedding date, but could so easily have quotes or poems written onto it.  The whole cake screams vintage yet modern.

I have a busy diary of weddings this year and some fabulous designs, ranging from dogs climbing cakes to sheet music roses and lace.  As the consultations continue I look forward to filling the diary with more exciting designs, maybe your cake could be one of them :)

 
  

Until next time... take care xx



Comments

Popular Posts