From Concept to Cake Stand

I have to admit I have a wonderful job, I get to meet couples who are planning an important event and I am lucky enough to have a part to play in their big day.

When it comes to planning your cake we sit down together and have a wonderful indulgent hour or so chatting all things wedding and cake related !  You will try some of our most popular flavours whilst I sketch out your ideas onto paper.

Couples generally come to see me once they have their date and venue finalised, they have often been furiously pinning ideas onto a pinterest board, or saving images from the internet and this all helps me get a feel for their day.

It may be that a colour is going to feature heavily in the day, or a season, either way we can incorporate these things into your cake design.

Once you have eaten your fill of cake and I have drawn up some ideas we can tweak them, erasing tiers, making taller, smaller, more detail etc.  I find the sketch really helps your ideas come to life.  I will generally ask you for a sample of any featured colour so I can ensure I get it as accurate as possible.



It is not uncommon for a booking to take place over 12 months before the big day, So it is essential to be able to refer back and ensure we are all working to the same plan.

Your cake will be baked fresh for the big day, we do not freeze cakes we meticulously plan our weeks prior to your wedding to ensure we have time to freshly bake your cake, fill it and cover it in luxury white chocolate ganache under the fondant.  If your cake has flowers or other decoration on it then these will have been made in the weeks leading up to your day, a flower can take many hours to allow each row of petals to dry, so we work this into our timescale.

You just need to sit back and relax, or rather get on with all the other little bits you have to do for your event.  You can be safe in the knowledge that your cake will be delivered to your venue and set up ready for you and your guests to gaze at after you have said your I do's.

So there you have it, your cake, from concept to cake stand.

Until next time ... take care xx



Comments

Popular Posts